Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Reiner
    Participant

With the Bforartists Full keymap it’s shift a too. But this just brings up the search menu. Since we have put all nodes into the tool shelf.

#19857 Likes: 0
      NigeC
      Participant

I had issues with a “-” in Renderman plugin so maybe “Armory-Renderer” could be causing problems.. I knew I had something happening with paths with Blender and BFA hence why I commented, just the wrong symbol :)

#19860 Likes: 0
        Draise
        Participant

I might have to try this out. The Animation nodes have an Add panel, which should also exist with the Armory nodes system. You can always use the header, or the Shift+A – if the addon creates it’s own nodal view, then the Header>Add and shift+A hotkey should populate. Animation Nodes does this, same with Sverchok.

:dance:

#19861 Likes: 0
          sledge
          Participant

I tried without any symbols in the path. With no luck. this doesn´t seems to be the prob in Armory 3D

#19862 Likes: 0
            sledge
            Participant

@Draise
              Sure, try it out if you got some time. Maybe you find out something interesting. Who knows…

Shift+A doens´t work and inside the “add”-panel theres nothing shown up with any functions, as it is in animation or material tab and so on. As described, when you load a example-project from gitHub, everything (all nodes) is inside the compositing Ui, as it should be. You can work with them. You can compile everything without errors. Everything works. This is crazy, just “adding new” nodes doesn´t work, because nothing there !
              I am so sad :-(

#19863 Likes: 0
              Draise
              Participant

I gave it a whirl. Sure enough, the Add menu in the header and Shift+A menu are empty for Armory. I have filed a bug to the tracker. 

As Reiner mentioned, we rebuilt the nodes “add” function to be ergonomic and more organized, and iconized. For some addons like Animation Nodes, the workaround to populate the add menu has had no issues. The shift+A add menu for Sverchok also works. Even addons that build new tabs work (Matlib, Node Wrangler, etc) But Armory does not. Might be worth retrying it out after BFA get’s build on Blender 2.8’s master source code released probably around September 2018. 

I have some errors from Sverchok, which also have custom nodes.

#19864 Likes: 0
                Reiner
                Participant

Hm. This code part is pretty tricky. The only solution that i could think of is to revert the nodes stuff to the blender state again. Which i am not really keen of.

#19865 Likes: 0
                  Draise
                  Participant

Yikes, the revert sound nighmarish. How did the Animation Nodes manage to populate that menu?

#19866 Likes: 0
                    sledge
                    Participant

@Draise , @Reiner … thx guys, for looking into.

My general statement:
                      Maybe this is the first AddOn which struggles with compatibility. But maybe there are some other AddOns, or upcoming AddOns which could struggle with BFA. As i know many Blender-Users / 3D-Artists rely on AddOns. Therefore i would take the topic “compatibility” to a high priority.

#19867 Likes: 0
                      Reiner
                      Participant

We do. But sometimes you loose. And to revert to the Blender state would be a big loss.

Either way, we have to wait for Blender 2.8 now. And then we can have a second look at the issue.

#19980 Likes: 0
                        Lack Of Love
                        Participant

It sounds like a great contradiction and a great conflict.

Well I have a question but I will look for the thread that should correspond and if there is no habrire one

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.