Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    davis
    Participant

I still feel that BforArtists is lacking a bit on the brand side; a nice logo goes a long way when it comes to the attractiveness of a product of any kind.

So I would like to propose a new logo for BforArtists. Obviously the already known symbol is kept, but converted to a more 3d looking version. Added is a more stylish text mark, that visually shortens the appearance of the rather long name and is easier recognizable as a unique mark.

Below the logo how it should apear on any surface other than white and a version for white backgrounds.

Also two mockups how the logo would look on the homepage banner and on the splashscreen of the current version of BfA.

Any thoughs, criticism about this?

#17597 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

We had talked about this before, and as told, i would be happy with new banners and logos. And what you show here looks great :)

The icons should imho stay gradient free since especially the small versions looks quickly bad with too much gradients at it. But it looks great in the banner and the splash.

What i don’t really like is that you rebranded Bforartists as “Bartists” now. Nobody will read the “for” anymore. Maybe you could keep the litlte “for” horizontal, but use another font or color? :)

#17601 Likes: 0
        davis
        Participant

I disagree, since all written text about the program will still read “Bforartists” nobody will be mistaken here. The logo is just an identifier, that should be quickly recognized, which makes a compact shape more efficiant here I believe. Maybe the “for” should be a bit bigger to be better readable in smaller formats as well though.

I tried a lot of different configurations; it´s a pretty tricky combination of words and letters to put together in a characteristic and meaningful way^^.

Just as a logo we could maybe even get away with “BfA” for the text?

Attached is a screenshot, that shows some of the other configurations I tried.

Let´s see, I thought it would be good to get some more user opinions, before swithcing to a new logo. – Thanks for the feedback so far.

#17603 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

Just as a logo we could maybe even get away with “BfA” for the text?

I thought about this too. But it would be a rebranding. And Bfa is a common term when you turn on google search. It’s the short for Bachelor of Fine Arts for example. Or a german organisation. Or …

#17618 Likes: 0
            EmilsVfx
            Participant

Fast Idea

#17621 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

Also a nice idea. But when you make a 16×16 icon of it, then there’s not this much left ^^

#17622 Likes: 0
                Reiner
                Participant

One night later …

The logo is not the problem. The problem is the text part.

And the problem that i see here is that the word “for” is a vital part in the name. If even it should be bigger than the rest, not smaller. And good readable. Still thinking about a solution here.

#17624 Likes: 0
                  EmilsVfx
                  Participant

Replace ”for” with number 4.

B4A

Or try make hidden masege.

Somthing Like

#17626 Likes: 0
                    Reiner
                    Participant

Nice idea, but that’s rebranding ^^

The banner at the page and the splash screen should contain the full product name. That’s unfortunately the short versions out :)

#17627 Likes: 0
                      Reiner
                      Participant

My favourite at the moment would be something like this. And eventually make the font bigger or the logo smaller. But that was impossible to do with the jpeg version of the image. Jpeg fragments are a fun brake.

What font do you use here? We are somehow bound to the standard fonts for the splash screen since the splash image is a gimp file.

#17630 Likes: 0
                        davis
                        Participant

This would work although it is this enormous sausage of letters, what I tried to avoid .^^

The font is conthrax … http://www.dafont.com/de/conthrax.font

A gimp file is just a pixel image or not? So anything would be possible if it is rasterized.

#17631 Likes: 0
                          Reiner
                          Participant

I get your point. But we have unfortunately this long name ^^

A gimp file is just a pixel image or not? So anything would be possible if it is rasterized.

Yes. But i don’t want to pixel the new version number all the time :D

#17632 Likes: 0
                            davis
                            Participant

I like the “blender” type color scheme you chose with the blue and orange. – I converted my vectorfile to an SVG, so it can be opened in inkscape. It´s attached below. – I also turned the icon a little bit to give a better relation to the text.

#17633 Likes: 0
                              Reiner
                              Participant

I personally found the old icon a bit better. But Great changes.

Thanks for being so patient with me. I will have a look to include this new logo with the next Bforartists version in the splash screen when you don’t mind. I just have to find a font that fits to this one for the version number :)

Mh, do you want to create the banner too? I love your background image from the mockup :)

#17634 Likes: 0
                                davis
                                Participant

Sure, no problem. – Yes, the icon changed a bit, I had some effects on it, that could not be converted to svg from Affinity designer. But if we are going for this, I can still spend some time to finesse the shading of the icon.

For the version number under the logo a system font like Arial or maybe Ubuntu should work fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.