Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EmilsVfx
    Participant
    • Posts 67

Hello

I really appreciate that every action is an icon, so I’m having a question.

Is it possible to create Custom Toolbar with Custom Py scripts or existing actions?

I think that it could slightly speed up the work because to favorites acrions will be the eyes.

That option might be a floating toolbar.

#17460 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi EmilsVfx,

Not that i know of. Snapping is one of those context sensitive menu items that cannot go into the toolbar anyways.

You can call a menu by hotkey when you add such an entry in the input manager with the right values. This results in a floating panel then that appears under the mouse. But that’s a text menu then.

Kind regards

Reiner

#17461 Likes: 0
    EmilsVfx
    Participant
    • Posts 67

Any Idea?

#17462 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

You would need the term wm.call_menu. That one goes into up left field. And you need the name of the menu class. That one goes down right in the name field.

But this does not work with snap anymore. You need a menu type class. The snap menu that you have chosen here is not longer a menu in Bforartists, but a panel. We have put it into the tool shelf. And panels can’t be called this way.

#17463 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hm, this seems to be one of the caveats in Bforartists. In Blender all this stuff is menu, and can be called under the mouse by hotkey. In Bforartists i try to put as much content as possible into the tool shelf into the panels. And get rid of all those hotkeys and all those double menus. And then this method doesn’t work anymore.

What you could try as a substitute is the pie menu addon. But i have never worked with it before. So i cannot say if it is of any use.

#17469 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Seems the Snap Icons access from Blender floating menu is starting to feel missed. I have them pinned in the toolshelf all the time these days, cause it’s nicer than keyboard shortcuts – but having it in the pie menu or quick over viewport again would be nice. I should look into that. 

I guess this also is a similar issue that got brought up with the opengl viewport render buttons in the toolbar, operators not working in the correct viewport? Due to context?

:dance:

#17470 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

It’s another issue. I made the former text menu a panel, and now it cannot be called with a hotkey anymore. wm.call_menu requires a menu type class, not a panel type class.

I could make the panel class another name, and readd the text menu class. But this would introduce other trouble then. What mainly stops me here is that this menus would only be good for hotkeys and the Blender workflow then. And Bforartists does simply not stand for hotkeys and the Blender workflow.

When you want to work like in Blender, then you should use Blender.

#17471 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Yeah, I get it. I don’t really want to call floating menus by shotcuts to be honest. Just wish the snap icons worked in the toolbar, so I can hide and/or unpin that panel if needs be.

:dance:

#17475 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Me too. And i tried. But that’s unfortunately impossible. Those operators are context sensitive …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.