20. August 2018 at 9:04 #14506
Just wanted to let you know that our further development is delayed.
The initial plan was to continue with the Bforartists development in mid August. Since this was the announced date to have the first Blender 2.8 Beta. Which means the 2.8 branch should have been in the Blender master then.
The Blender developers delayed this release now. And announced to have the Beta mid september. With a first final next year in spring. This can even mean that they merge the Blender 2.8 branch next year. Development is simply no exact science, you can never say how long a task needs. For example, i initially thought that i could be finished with Bforartists 1 in a year. It took three …
Our development is delayed too by that delay. We cannot continue with our development when we don’t have the 2.8 code in our repository. And we cannot merge the 2.8 code until it is in the Blender Master. We simply have to wait here.
So please be patient. The development is just delayed, not stopped. And i still hope that the 2.8 code comes earlier.
Reiner20. August 2018 at 13:58 #20067NigeCParticipant
- Posts 78
To be honest it might be wise to wait for the second release rather than risking a whole load of things changing, but I guess if you’ve been keeping an eye on development I’d imagine you can judge that for yourself20. August 2018 at 14:31 #20068
Of course. When still everything changes then it makes no sense to continue with our own development in this area. That’s why we wait at all. But the september relase is promised to be a feature complete Beta version. Then the big issues should be settled. And the small issues changes permanently anyways. We merge the Blender development progress regularly into Bforartists.
We will see. The crucial part is that the 2.8 code goes finally into the Blender master21. August 2018 at 16:32 #20072DraiseParticipant
- Posts 937
Pushed this to Facebook.3. September 2018 at 6:21 #20119
Newest informations tells something about end of october. So for the Blender Conference, or shortly after …17. October 2018 at 8:40 #20187
Seems it’s mid november before we see the beta of 2.8 …
* The Blender 2.8 Beta is likely to happen a week or two after the Blender
Conference.30. October 2018 at 7:07 #20193
Another two to three weeks delay … https://code.blender.org/2018/10/blender-2-8-beta-and-roadmap/27. November 2018 at 7:57 #20241
Getting close. They want to release the beta this week.
I will wait a few more days for the dust to settle down a bit before i start the merge. There are quite a few things where i expect a change after the initial beta release.
But i am already at work with doing some small preparations beforehand. And the new manual is growing since weeks anyways. I don’t run out of work27. November 2018 at 16:31 #20242DraiseParticipant
- Posts 937
Shaping up shaping up!30. November 2018 at 23:37 #20253davisParticipant
1. December 2018 at 6:53 #20254
- Posts 294
Ah, forgot to post it here. Thanks davis
There are quite a few last minute changes that i really like. No confirmation dialog on delete anymore for example
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.