Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Reiner
    Participant

Hey folks,

I have spent the last three to four months with removing as much Blender icons form the icon sheet as possible, and to replace them with our own ones. Both, the old colored icons, and of course the new monochrome icons. A few Blender icons survived nearly unaltered. That’s for example the white navigation icons in the widget up right in the viewport. But most icons are now colored. And we have more than double as much icons in our sheet compared to the Blender sheet anyways.

This task is done. And best of all, we have a file repository with the single icons now. So you don’t need a coder anymore to change an icon. Well, nearly. I still need to implement it when it’s done. But the icons are separately available now.

The current icon set is everything but optimized. But now we have a base for the needed improvements. And that’s where i ask for your help. Please tell me with which icons you are unhappy. I will do my best then to improve the icons in question.

The file repository with the single icons can be found here: https://github.com/Bforartists/files/tree/master/iconset_bforartists_2

#20652 Likes: 0
      Reiner
      Participant

One word to the creation process in case you want to join the team and want to create new icons. Or even a complete new set. I work with a 512 x bitmap first. And convert it to svg in size of 16 x 16 then. I try to use not more than 8 colors at time. But sometimes i still end in double size. No gradients. No transparencies.

The color palette that i use is a Gimp palette called Visibone. But i am open to any suggestions here. It just needs to fit together. That’s why you usually use a limited color palette.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.